OneBeacon Program Group
OneBeacon Program Group (OBPG) provides a rewarding and complementary partnership approach to reputable and proven Program Administrators (PAs) or MGUs/MGAs that target specialty, niche-oriented program business.
Our dedicated team of highly technical insurance professionals knows and understands this industry. With our unique specialty platform, we are able to offer services for a proactive, flexible and differentiated approach to program business in today’s competitive marketplace.
- Competitive Commissions
- Profit Sharing
- Customized Countrywide Coverage (both Admitted & Non-Admitted)
- Flexible and Competitive tiered rating
- IT Systems – We can provide a flexible all-lines rating, policy issuance, and fully interfaced system (if requested)
- Technical underwriting support
- Flexible payment options
Our core appetite is centered on small-to-medium commercial business accounts commensurate with any capacity requirements needed. Our competitive, broad-based “package” product offering can include, but is not limited to:
- General Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Professional Liability & Wrongful Acts
- Equipment Breakdown
- Inland Marine
- Commercial Auto & Truckers
- Cyber Coverage
- Workers Compensation
Targeted Annual Premium:
- $10 million and above for national multi-line admitted programs
- Consideration will be given to smaller programs based on overall return potential and long-term scalability
Program Administrator Expectations
Each program administrator must demonstrate the following:
- Proficiency and aptitude to properly execute all functions of the underwriting and policy administration process
- Technical and professional expertise
- A disciplined underwriting approach
- Financially stable
- Differentiated business strategy
If a carrier-provided rate-quote-issuance-interface system is needed, we have that capability.
Risk sharing or captive alternatives may be considered but would be handled by another division of OneBeacon and outside the traditional program model.
Claims administration will be handled by our in-house team of professional adjusters or by approved Third Party Administrators (TPAs) where appropriate or required.
We are open to explore most any niche program with a strong reputation/quantifiable results and a willing potential partner to conduct a mutual due diligence evaluation.
Some of the less desirable characteristics include:
- Unsupported (or monoline) Workers Compensation programs
- Heavily CAT exposed property programs
- Mainstream personal lines
- Surety programs